But “where do you mountain bike in Florida?” you ask. There is some really awesome mountain biking in Florida despite Florida being, well, mountain-less. Here is our list of the top mountain bike destinations and trail systems in South Florida. Although there isn’t much elevation in Florida, these parks offer plenty of flowy and technical singletrack along with roots, flow, jumps, drops, and all the features you’d come to expect as a mountain bike rider.
- Jonathan Dickinson State Park Camp Murphy Trails , Hobe Sound- Maintained by Club Scrub
- Halpatiokee Regional Park, Stuart – Maintained by Airborne MTB Club
Palm Beach County
- Dyer Park, West Palm Beach – Maintained by F.O.R.C.E.
- Pinehurst, Greenacres – Maintained by F.O.R.C.E.
- West Delray Regional Park, Delray Beach – F.O.R.C.E.
- Markham Park, Sunrise – Maintained by Markham Park Trailbuilding Fund, Inc.
- Quiet Waters Park, Deerfield Beach – Maintained by Quiet Waters MTB Trail Builders
- Oleta State Park, North Miami Beach
- Virginia Key North Point Trails, Miami – Built & maintained by Virginia Key Bicycle Club
- Amelia Earhart Park, Hialeah
We try to keep our list up to date, however, you should always check the current trail conditions and closures by using the links provided before planning your trip.
These trails are flat and wide, however, because they do not offer technical features they are great for recreational riding on hybrids, dual sport bikes, and gravel bikes. Local mountain bikers love them for endurance training and even for just chill family rides.
- Riverbend Park, Jupiter
- Bluegill Trail, Palm Beach Gardens to Jupiter
- Grassy Waters Preserve, Owahee, Apoxee, and SWA Trail Systems, West Palm Beach
Now that you know where to mountain bike in South Florida, get out and ride! Need a new bike to hit the trails? We can help you with that, too. Contact us and we’ll help you find the mountain bike that’s right for your South Florida trail destinations.