Starting your first season of triathlons can be a bit intimidating. You may be sorting out your training schedule, shopping for a bike, learning running and swimming techniques all at the same time AND you also need to acquire the right gear.
From apparel, proper footwear, hydration tools, bike + maintenance tools, it all adds up to a successful performance. Make sure you have all the gear you need during your training and for race day. To help you out, we made a list of the items we recommend to anyone starting out.
Triathlon Essentials for Training & Racing
- Triathlon Suit or Two-Piece Kit (some people prefer a light cycling padded bottom)
- Swim cap
- Swim buoy (for training only, not permitted during race)
- Tri or road Bike
- Flat kit
- Water Bottle Holder(s) + Water Bottle(s)
- Bike computer
- Running shoes
- Comfortable running socks
- Hip pack
- Nutrition + Hydration Supplements
- Body Glide or similar anti-chafe product
- Sunglasses and/or hat with visor
- Race belt
- Transition bag
- Recovery sandals for post-race
Visit Bikes Palm Beach to get everything a beginner triathlete needs to take on their first race.